Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Marrying Absurd

In the essay Marrying Absurd, Didion describes the act of marriage in Las Vegas as something that is not taken serious. She describes it as something that isn't planned out and is a "spur of the moment" decision; it is also very cheap compared to a regular wedding. When it come to weddings my opinion is "to each it's own". Everyone has a different image on how they want to get married, and if someone wants to do it in Las Vegas then they should have every right to do so. I believe that the author's opinion on the Vegas wedding is that it is impersonal, and I dont think she really considers it a wedding. However, I also think that she is not totally against it because in the end of the story, the bride that is getting married said that her wedding was "just as nice as I hoped and dreamed it would be". This bride also appeared to be sober because it stated that she was pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment